The key ingredients that are combined in a proprietary blend in MitoFuel are listed below. Rather than having to buy all these mitochondrial boosting supplements and taking them separately we have combined them into a single capsule with just the right amounts of high quality ingredients.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha Lipoic acid is a vital “co-factor” for enzymatic reactions within the mitochondria, helping to optimize energy conversion. It possesses unique properties that specifically slow mitochondrial aging by preventing release of mutagenic oxidants. Recent research further reveals lipoic acid’s ability to alleviate mitochondrial dysfunction in aging cells, as a result, improving mitochondrial function.
- Vitamin C
Vitamin C protects the mitochondria against Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) stress and helps prevent mitochondrial oxidants formation and mitochondrial aging.
- Vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 is an essential element required for the Krebs Cycle to function correctly, if the cycle isn’t fully functional, cells won’t get the energy they need to function correctly.
- CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10)
CoQ10 plays a pivotal role in the body’s energy metabolism. The major part of cellular ATP (energy) production happens within the inner membrane of the mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell. As CoQ10 is a critical component of the electron transport chain (ETC) it plays a significant and vital role in the production of cellular energy.
D-Ribose is essential for cells to make ATP. If the cell does not have enough D-Ribose, it cannot make ATP. And if the cell cannot make ATP it starves.
- Acetyl L Carnitine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is a molecule that facilitates moving fat molecules across the mitochondrial membrane. It readily crosses into the brain from the bloodstream, and its extra acetyl molecule provides additional energy directly to brain cells.
These essential components are combined in a unique formulation with:
- Brewer’s Yeast
- Brewer’s Yeast has long been a favourite of the body building community and not without good reason. At 49% protein and packed with B vitamins, minerals and amino acids, Brewer’s Yeast is a true super food, not a supplement, and provides hungry cells with much of the nutrition mitochondria need to thrive.
Then we have the B vitamins, which are water-soluble vitamins required as coenzymes for enzymes essential for cell function…
- B2 – Riboflavin
Riboflavin’s primary role in the body is to support your metabolism, helping you unlock energy from the nutrients that make up your diet especially the three macro-nutrients; protein, carbohydrate and fat. Riboflavin, in the form of FAD, helps your body break down fats and carbohydrates into fuel by contributing to the electron transport chain.
- B3 – Nicotinic Acid or Nicotinamide
Vitamin B3 contributes to many vital functions in the body but the one we are most interested in is its ability to boost NAD+ levels which are essential for cellular health and the functioning of the Electron Transport Chain. This is the key component in MitoFuel. We supply both Nicotinic Acid or Nicotinamide depending on the person’s choice and certain additional health requirements.
- B5 – Pantothenic acid
Pantothenic Acid is required for coenzyme A formation and is also essential for alpha-ketoglutarate and pyruvate dehydrogenase complexes as well as fatty acid oxidation.
- B6 – Pyridoxine
Pyridoxine helps the body make several neurotransmitters, chemicals that carry signals from one nerve cell to another. It is needed for normal brain development and function, and helps the body make the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which influence mood, and melatonin, which helps regulate the circadian clock.
- B7 – Biotin
Biotin is used in the body to metabolize both sugar and fat. An essential enzyme called acetyl Co-A carboxylase requires biotin to function properly. This enzyme forms the building blocks of fat production in the body, and is critical as all cell membranes in the body need to contain the correct fat components in order to function effectively.
- B9 – Folate
Folate aids in the production of DNA and RNA, the body’s genetic material, and is especially important when cells and tissues are growing rapidly, such as in infancy, adolescence, and pregnancy. Folate also works closely with vitamin B12 to help make red blood cells and help iron work properly in the body. Additionally, Folate is an important methyl donor that helps protect the bodies Methyl groups.
- B12 – Cobalamin
Cobalamin plays a vital role in the normal functioning of the brain and the nervous system and in the formation of red blood cells. It also helps to regulate and synthesize DNA. It is needed in the metabolism of every cell in the body, and it plays a part in the synthesis of fatty acids and energy production. By helping the human body to absorb Folate, it facilitates the release of energy.
Choline is an essential nutrient in the production of phosphatidylcholine, one of the most important structural building blocks of a living cell. Its unique soap-like structure helps to keep the membrane fluid, yet mostly impermeable. Choline is the backbone of a nervous system signal molecule or neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. The importance of acetylcholine cannot be overstated. The part of your nervous system that runs your heart and keeps your intestines moving along runs largely on acetylcholine.
Zinc, being an incredibly important mineral, is often overlooked even though it plays a vital role in protein synthesis and helps regulate the cell production in the immune system of the human body. It is mostly found in the strongest muscles of the body and is found in especially high concentrations in the white and red blood cells, eye retina, skin, liver, kidneys, bones and pancreas. The semen and prostate gland in men also contain significant amounts of zinc.
In the human body, there are more than 300 different enzymes that require zinc to function normally. Researchers believe that 3,000 proteins out of the approximately 100,000 in the body consist predominantly of zinc.
About 60% of the magnesium in your body is found in bone, while the rest is in muscles, soft tissues and fluids, including blood. In fact, every cell in your body contains it, and needs it to function. One of magnesium’s main roles is acting as a cofactor or “helper molecule” in the biochemical reactions continuously performed by enzymes. Magnesium is involved in more than 600 reactions in your body, including; Energy creation, Protein formation, Gene maintenance, Muscle movements and Nervous system regulation. Studies suggest that despite its importance, 50% of the population are magnesium, deficient.
As you can see above, MitoFuel contains a lot of components and these are broken up into a kit, packaged in four bottles. These four bottles contain what would be a daily dosage of 15 capsules and while we can’t divulge the exact amounts of each, nothing in MitoFuel exceeds established RDA’s.
Colours for illustration purpose only
Yes 15 capsules are a lot, but think about it this way…
Everything above is essential for your cells, and their mitochondria, to function optimally. These are the nutrients your mitochondria need to function optimally every day. There are no fillers or bulking agents added. This capsule set is what everyone of us needs every day to be healthy. However, many of us are deficient in one or more of the components.
MitoFuel was designed to revive sluggish cells and mitochondria and nurse your cells back to full functionality and as such, it contains all the components that are required to do this. It by no means contains all the nutrients and micronutrients that your body needs to function and most of these still must come from a nutrient rich diet, not a bottle. In fact, many people find that they crave more nutrient dense foods when they start taking MitoFuel.
Many today see nutritional supplements as a way to compensate for a bad diet. MitoFuel does not compensate for bad food choices. Instead it is intended to boost the energy production in your cells which will require you to focus even more on eating well.
Your Mitofuel kit you will include 4 bottles:
- Revive is a combination of the main components responsible for returning your reactivated mitochondria to optimal health. It consists of seven capsules a day to be taken four in the morning and three in the evening, with or without meals.
- Thrive is a unique blend of Brewer’s Yeasts, designed to feed hungry mitochondria. As this blend, can initially cause bloating in those with gut imbalances, it has been separated into its own capsule set. Normal dosage is three capsules twice a day with or without meals however if bloating occurs dosage should be reduced to one capsule twice a day and slowly increased over 10-14 days.
- This bottle contains the NAD+ boosters Nicotinic Acid or Nicotinamide. Dosage is one capsule daily taken in the evening with a meal containing healthy fat.
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin D3 is essential for all the mitochondrial energy processes to function correctly so we have provided 1000iu capsules to be taken once a day. 1000iu is the maximum daily dosage we are allowed to sell or recommend but we can’t stop you reading this.
While these components are, the essentials required for optimal mitochondrial function we would recommend combining MitoFuel with:
- A concentrated Omega 3 supplement.
- A micronutrient rich, lower carb diet that includes organ meat and green leafy vegetables.
- A good source of calcium, sodium and potassium.
So, who should consider taking Mitofuel? This balanced proprietary formula of mitochondrial boosters is ideal for people suffering from low energy or insulin resistance to help kick-start their mitochondrial function? At the same time, it is perfect for the athlete who is looking to push a little harder for longer and is looking to take their performance to the next level.
MitoFuel is not intended to replace any medication or treat any disease or medical problem.
- While all the above components have been established to be generally safe and within the recommended daily allowance for these nutrients, some people may have sensitivity to the ingredients and they should not take this product without clearance from a medical professional. Additionally, if any unlikely reaction or unforeseen symptoms occur after consuming MitoFuel, use should be discontinued immediately. If the symptoms do not subside after discontinuing, advice should be sought from a medical professional.
- If you are on chronic or prescription medication, you should check with your doctor before taking MitoFuel.
- Some individuals may initially experience protein cravings due to an increased demand for amino acids with the up-regulated mitochondrial function.
- Safety during pregnancy or while breast feeding has not been established and as such we do not recommend taking MitoFuel if you fall into either category.
- This product is not intended for use by children under the age of 16 years and should be kept out of the reach children.